Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 1-4 trip to Foothills Trails

Regina sent me the following information of our hikes this past weekend:
Itinerary
Thursday: Eastatoe Creek Spur Trail from Laural Valley parking. 5.4 miles round trip.
Friday : Foothills Trail Chimneytop Gap to Sassafras Mtn summit and back (5.4), then Chimneytop Gap to Laurel Valley (2.1). Total 7.5
Saturday: Foothills Trail Laurel Valley parking to Laurel Creek and back. Total 7.8
Sunday: Whitewater Falls View 1 mile
Bad Creek Access Trail 1.2 miles
Foothills Trail along whitewater river 2.6
Total sunday =4.8
Trip total = 25.5
Yippee!
I didn't get to the retreat center until 3pm, so we got a late start on Thursday's hike. Friday it rained a good part of the day. What really worked was the waterproof, windproof, and breathable slacks I got from REI. I paid full price of $70 for them and it was so worth it.
Saturday was the killer hike for me. It was a more strenuous trip and I carried a heavier pack than I have ever. I wore the funny toe shoes the entire day. My feet felt stronger on Sunday, though and I wore hiking boots. Alternating is good for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment