Monday, June 7, 2010

Update 0607


My feet were screaming the last half mile, but I completed almost a five mile hike today. Parked at Cheatham Hill and hiked the loop trails to Burnt Hickory and back. I think what is happening is that my second toe is a tad longer than my big one and as my toes pushed against the shoe the middle toes are forced to bend and go numb. Anyway, it may be a lacing problem and it may be that I just need longer boots. I'll try the lacing option first.

I am quite proud that I am as far along as I am in my training. No blisters, either. But I always wear two pair of socks. It will be easier to hike some of these trails once I get hiking poles.

Please notice in the picture the beautiful vines at my toes. This place is full of poison ivy. I am grateful that the trails are well trod, and I can manage to avoid it. What I thought was cool about my boots is that the lace holders are reflectors and I did not know that before I bought the shoes. Cool, huh? Even though I thought they were really ugly when I got them, they almost grow on you.

No comments:

Post a Comment