Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hiking Boots

I took my hiking boots back today. I was sad to do that. I had started getting attached to them. However, as I used them in the last two weeks I became more aware that they were a tad short and going down steep hills had my toes jam.

My children had given me a gift certificate at REI to purchase boots, so I got them there. I splurged and purchased the lifetime membership for $20. Boy, am I glad I did. This way I can return whatever I am not happy with or what doesn't fit for a full refund, EVEN IF I DON'T HAVE THE TICKET! How cool is that?

A couple of days ago I had called REI to see if they had a half size larger in the women's boots. What they had in the store was an 11, a whole size larger. They were too big, so I tried on men's boots in another style made by the same company, Keen, and found that the 8 1/2 in men's boots fit better. The toe space was wider so will address the issues I have. The men's boots are on sale as well, so it was an even trade. To get the style that was on sale, I had to order them and they will be in on Friday. Soooo, no major training this week. I think it is supposed to be hot and humid again this week, so not having hiking boots gives me a perfect excuse to not train.

1 comment:

  1. I am frustrated because I have tried and tried to post a link to REI and to the Keen Boots and to the website about the trip. I have gone to settings, formatting, and made sure that the button to show links is YES, to no avail. Anyone reading, please advise...
    thx,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete